Tuesday 28 December 2010

200 Samples of Dust collected!

On 15th December I reached my goal of collecting the first 200 samples of dust, from institutions, houses and business across London and beyond. These samples are the first to be transformed into bricks, which I will be making at HG Matthew’s in January. This is the beginning of the stack of 500 bricks that will grow over the course of the exhibition “DIRT” at the Wellcome Collection 24th March - 31st August 2011.

There is still opportunity for you to donate your dust to the project: I need to collect another 200 samples by March, envelopes are available from the Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Rd London NW1 2BE and UP Projects, contact donateyourdust@upprojects.com for your envelope with instructions.

Read on to see my dust collection diary highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment